The bakers and icers learn to prep all recipes, work on the baking and icing lines, and wrap the products. Shifts will be scheduled between 5:00 am and 6:00 pm.
• Must be a dependable professional with a positive attitude and excellent work ethic!
• Must be able to work quickly and efficiently.
• A Culinary Degree or production bakery experience is a huge plus.
• Must be a self motivated fast learner with intense attention to detail and quality.
• Must be eager to learn and willing to take direction.
• Must have good math skills, and a basic knowledge of fractions, conversions, and measuring instruments, including wet and dry measuring tools and scales.
• Must be able to work unsupervised while multi-tasking, prioritizing and meeting production deadlines.
• Must have good communication skills and work well in team environment.
• Must embrace change and have an improvement and growth focus.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
• Learn all steps in the baking and icing processes
• Prepare batters and dough for baking
• Prepare icings and ice cakes
• Load and unload ovens
• Work in freezer when needed
• Wrap and store products
• Clean up station and equipment
• Prepare products according to recipes
• Complete tasks within the goal times
• Maintain superior quality and produce uniform products
• Load and unload ovens according to time tables
• Insure proper wrapping and storage
• Promote safety and a clean working environment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to stand and walk for 8 hours a day. Employee must be able to lift 35 lbs. Employee is required to reach with arms and hands, stoop, kneel, and crouch. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, heat from ovens or stoves, extreme cold in freezer, sharp objects, and cleaning products.
• Health, life, and dental insurance
• 7 paid holidays
• Vacation package
• Good work environment
• Advancement opportunities
• New tennis shoes twice a year
• Perfect attendance reward program
2 paid sick days per year
• 9 unpaid personal days per year
APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT SUGAREE’S BAKERY OR OPEN THE PDF DOCUMENT BELOW. RESUMES CAN BE EMAILED TO INFO@SUGAREES.COM NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. WAGES WILL BE BASED ON EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE.